The Apothecary's Poison by C.J. Archer

While reading the morning paper, Matthew Glass sees an article about a medical miracle. Matthew and India decide to confront the doctor as well as the reporter to see if either can assist Matthew. Unfortunately, Doctor Hale is an Apothecary magician and Oscar Barratt is an Ink magician. Both wish to bring magic into the public eye. Soon after their visit, Hale is murdered and Matthew has become a suspect.

I just cannot stop reading about this series. I love Matthew Glass, India Steele, and their friends and family. The writing is just so well done, that I simply cannot put it down. I need Matthew Glass and India Steele to be together. Not simply as partners in adventure but in marriage. And before anyone jumps on my case about marriage, keep in mind that this is set in Victorian London 1890. Its kind of expected and required. Honestly, there were a couple of moments where I thought India was going to walk out and never come back. I cannot handle this feeling right now.

Nothing really stops to allow for a breather in this novel. What initial starts as one case, has morphed into multiple. Each case presents with a different murder. I would like to experience a novel that deals with a robbery or even a forger. However, the fact that I can imagine those possibilities says a lot of good things about C.J. Archer and her wonderful writing.

I rate this novel 5 out of 5, and on to the next.


Comments