The Excitements by C.J. Wray


 The Williamson sisters are Word War 2 veterans, in their late nineties, and still capable of “excitements”. Their devoted nephew Archie has scheduled a trip to Paris where the sisters are receiving another medal for their service in the Royal Navy and the nursing corps. The truth is that Josephine Williamson was in intelligence drawing maps for D-Day, and Penny was a spy specializing in hand-to-hand combat. And Paris holds memories that both sisters would have preferred to forget.


Unfortunately, it also holds an old enemy, and the sisters intend to finally finish what began a long time ago.

I enjoyed the novel with its witty dialogue, and what some might call eccentric ladies. I actually found the sisters intriguing. I also enjoyed the devotion from Archie. While WW2 was horrific in so many ways, it is a part of our history and something that should not be forgotten. I wish more individuals had written down their experiences. 

I also enjoyed the fact that Archie was big into genealogy. I adore a true ancestor search, and the results that come from those searches. I do hope that Archie becomes a part of the “family business.” Another novel that follows the sisters but more so Archie would be much appreciated.

Overall, I rate this novel 4 out of 5 stars.

Comments