Poison In Piccadilly by Kelly Oliver


 Fiona is set to tie the knot with her dashing captain, Archie Somersby. But, while Fiona is busy planning her happily ever after, side-kick Kitty Lane and a group of judo-chopping suffragettes are kicking up trouble at the Piccadilly Jujitsu Club.

When Kitty is found unconscious in the locker room during a high-stakes competition, Fiona must forsake her bouquets and bridal gown to investigate. Her sleuthing leads to a posh lady’s luncheon where a mysterious death crashes Fiona’s wedding plans.

To make matters worse, the arch-nemesis of all things matrimonial Fredrick Fredricks is up to his old tricks, attempting to put the brakes on Fiona’s journey down the aisle. Will he succeed in tripping up Fiona’s wedding vows? Or will she finally say “I don’t” to the charming devil?

At this point, I am just continuing to read this series because I want to know who Archie really is. I cannot stand Fiona, who doesn’t seem to learn anything during each of her adventures. For someone who is supposed to be a spy, she cannot seem to remember how to actually be one. And then there is her wishy washy feelings for Fredericks and Archie. Its all very soap opera-esque to me, and I just don’t care for it.

I enjoyed the chapters in Kitty’s perspective, as they were more investigatory for a cozy mystery. 

Overall, I rate this novel 3 out of 5 stars. 

Comments